10 Memes that aptly sum up those Dissertation vibes:
So a lot of us will be in the same boat right now. This boat is floating up a treacherous creek with no end in sight. The ultimate destination? Your undergraduate dissertation.
There will be a time when we all look back on these few months, and the stress, tears and worries won’t seem so bad anymore. Maybe we’ll even laugh! But until then, the team at HC Falmouth have gathered some images that sum up how a lot of us may be feeling right now. The point being: We’re all in this together.
1. So, sometimes the research stage of your dissertation may seem like a vicious circle. Or rather, a flow chart that catapults you right back to the beginning.
2. And of course, family or friends will always speak the dreaded words ‘How’s your dissertation coming along?’ Like, do they think they’re helping somehow?! Leave me be!
3. Alternatively, your peers may actually be a source of comfort. Maybe you feel like you haven’t even made a dent in that tower of books lurking in the corner of your room, but theres nothing more reassuring than knowing you aren’t the only one in the mindset of ‘What dissertation?’
4. Or maybe you’re a serial-procrastinator! The gorgeous Dougie Poynter from McFly offers a spot-on example of clear case of procrastination. We totally understand, Dougie.
5. So of course, the work mounts up. And you know it. But sometimes rather than motivate you into action, this knowledge puts you in a state of happy ignorance. You may resort to Netflix, naps and copious amounts of snacks. Kinda like this panda.
6. The time has come to begin writing it! Without the right amount of research or levels of motivation, hours can pass and before you know it, it’s dark outside and your blank word document stares back at you, mocking you. But hey, at least you can get creative with WordArt.
7. And not forgetting all the 21st century distractions, of course! With all the social media and snacks on offer is it any wonder we struggle to get stuff done?!
8. We go through a series of stages in the process of dissertation writing. Denial, anger, bargaining, etc. And our very own previous Writer in Residence here at Falmouth University, Matt Haig has manifested these stages incredibly accurately.
9. You did it! The dissertation is proof-read, printed and bound. You’re ready to march on down to the Academic Office and hand it in. Congrats! It will feel like a major burden has been lifted. Y’know, you might even compare it to tossing the one ring into Mordor…
10. Whether you’re still researching, writing or have even already handed in and washed your hands of it, HC Falmouth both congratulate and believe in you. Whatever the outcome, you are surviving/survived the most stressful months of your undergraduate course and that’s no small feat. And remember: You can do no wrong in our dear friend Ryan Gosling’s eyes.
Geico Gecko Meme Generator
The Fastest Meme Generator on the Planet. Easily add text to images or memes.
What is the Meme Generator?
It's a free online image maker that allows you to add custom resizable text to images. It operates in HTML5 if supported, so your images are created instantly. Most commonly, people use the generator to add text captions to established memes, so technically it's more of a meme "captioner" than a meme maker. However, you can also upload your own images as templates.
How can I customize my meme?
- You can move and resize the text boxes by dragging them around. If you're on a mobile device, you may have to first check "enable drag/drop" in the More Options section.
- You can customize the font color, outline color, and outline width just to the right of where you type your text.
- You can further customize the font and add additional text boxes in the More Options section. Imgflip supports all web fonts and Windows/Mac fonts including bold and italic, if they are installed on your device. Note that Android and other mobile operating systems may support fewer fonts.
- You can rotate your meme, add scumbag hats or other custom images, and draw on your meme using the panel just above the meme preview image.
- You can create "meme chains" of multiple images stacked vertically by adding new images with the "below current image" setting.
Can I use the generator for more than just memes?
Yes! The Meme Generator is a flexible tool for many purposes. By uploading custom images and using all the customizations, you can design many creative works including posters, banners, advertisements, and other custom graphics.
Why is there an "imgflip.com" watermark on my memes?
The Imgflip watermark helps other people find where the meme was created, so they can make memes too! However, if you'd really like to, you can remove our watermark from all images you create, as well as remove ads and supercharge your image creation abilities, using Imgflip Pro or Imgflip Pro Basic.